Embracing the digital wave.
Simplifying collaboration and communication.
Easy execution across integrated logistics platform.
With the implementation of SAP TM and SAP LBN-FC by Westernacher, Al Dahra moved from local planning to an integrated logistics platform. Main features in use include land booking information sent to carriers with direct integration between TM and LBN; booking confirmation/rejection by carriers; events reported by carriers visible in real time in TM; freight settlement enabled; invoice sent from carriers to TM; dispute handling via LBN and TM; notifications to shipper about order confirmations and dispute creation.
Decrease in transaction costs
Workday per week saved due to
automatic freight order handling
Increased efficiency by
electronic invoice verification
Automation and visibility streamline operations.
Process automation for freight booking and better insight into transportation have made the daily operations at Al Dahra easier. All this is enabled by using SAP TM, SAP LBN and connecting top carriers via cloud integration. In the end, smooth SAP LBN-FC implementation was carried out in eight countries, connecting 13 land carriers across various regions via web portal. Tighter partnerships were fostered by integration of various platforms to SAP TM (Descartes for Ocean, Agility 3rd party system via SAP LBN-FC through B2B interface).
- Accelerated transportation planning and optimization
- Easy onboarding of carriers to SAP LBN-FC via invites and master data setup based on SAP TM & shipper LBN-FC
- Business intervention is simplified with early warnings, log monitoring and dispute handling via LBN Shipper Portal which changed exception handling from reactive to proactive
- Enabling freight order confirmation, event reporting, invoice creation and disputes by carriers directly via LBN Carrier Portal boosts planners’ efficiency
- Improved availability of capacity with better freight visibility
- More precise ETA reduces detention times and demurrage costs
- Better customer service by providing real-time shipments insights and accurate reporting
- Cloud solution provides easy access and improves data security and performance
Giby George, Director, Global IT – Al Dahra Holding
For Al Dahra, the transformation journey towards becoming an intelligent enterprise does not end at this point. To achieve more visibility in sourcing and procurement, further seamless integration with business partners is currently under evaluation, namely the connection between SAP TM and SAP Ariba for the suppliers of transportation services.