Smarter distribution with SAP EWM.
Wumart Group is one of the first and largest retailers based in Beijing, China. With the rising demands of its customers and stores, it became clear that Wumart needed to transform its warehousing business model to a direct-distribution model. With the support of Westernacher, the retail giant completed the implementation of SAP EWM, leading to desired results such as improved warehousing efficiency and processing capability and faster inventory turnover.
- Build an integrated platform to support the transition from warehousing to directly distributing goods.
- Utilize and integrate storage facility tools, including handheld devices, conveyors and sorting devices.
- Improve warehouse efficiency and processing capability.
SAP EWM is a very professional warehouse management system. We have successfully gone through implementation without any impact on external suppliers or store business. Our warehouse efficiency and processing capability have been significantly improved with the support of this system.
Juan Qin, Senior Manager of Supply Chain Management, Wumart Group Beijing
- Improved cross-docking processes
- Increased warehouse efficiency
- Stabilized business operations on peak warehousing days
- Eliminated warehouse bill checking through greater transparency
- Reduced waiting time for delivery by suppliers
quicker inventory turnover period
faster quality control time of warehouse goods
faster loading time per truck for dispatching
quicker document printing time for goods
- Integration with the existing SAP ERP application
- Successful transition from warehousing business model to direct-distribution model
- Support for lean management and warehouse processes with the SAP EWM application
- Use of warehouse technology, including mobile devices and sorting tools
Share this reference