ICS is a Suzhou-based joint venture created by the Volkswagen Group and Shanghai Du-Power New Energy Technology Co Ltd, producing flexible energy storage and fast charging piles in China to meet the increasing demand of China’s electric vehicle market. With the support of Westernacher Consulting, ICS realized fast time to value with the go-live of its SAP S/4HANA system in five months.
Unified management platform
- The unified management platform of ICS is realized to manage people, finance, material, purchasing, supply and marketing.
- Basic data and related business data only need to be entered once, which can be shared by relevant departments to further improve work efficiency and reduce workload.
- The relevant basic data is coded and managed by the company, which ensures the standardization and accuracy of the basic data.
Business process monitoring and analysis
- The management can query the related report information in real time, which provides strong support for the management’s decision analysis.
- The process management of ERP improves the efficiency of business financial process.
- Through the division of roles, the transfer of process, reduce the cost.
Financial business integration
- Through the powerful financial business integration function of ERP system, the three in one can be realized to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of data.
- Strong traceability enables accountants to further trace the original logistics and contract information through accounting documents.
The joint venture we plan to establish with Du-Power New Energy Technology Co., Ltd. is an important milestone in the group’s continuous promotion of electric travel. In the environment of rapid development of electric travel, with innovative design concepts, flexible energy storage and fast charging piles have great potential in China.
Thomas Schmall, CEO, Auto-parts company of Volkswagen Group
- Optimal efficiency through real-time calibration of supply chain operations to customer demand
- Extended traceability down to the single “Material level” with improved data accuracy and quality
- Integrated management across continents governing global sales, production, purchasing, and third-party inventory
- Global financial account under a unified chart of accounts, supporting faster close cycles and local tax and legal reporting
- Significantly reduced complexity through improved communication and collaboration
Westernacher helped ICS implement SAP S/4HANA ERP system within five months. Westernacher’s ability of rapid digital transformation not only ensured the rapid implementation of our ERP system, but also ensured that our SOP progress was not disturbed.
Yu, IT manager, ICS
- Implementation of SAP S/4HANA system within five months
- Work with multinational teams to deliver end-to-end processes
- Standardization of basic data
- Financial business integration of the ERP system
Share this reference