Fruit Production, Marketing and Distribution
SAP TM on 2020 SAP S/4HANA,
SAP EM, SAP CPI
SAP EM, SAP CPI
Our Stemilt engagement started with functional training for SAP TM & SAP EM solutions followed by a full implementation of SAP TM and SAP EM on SAP S/4HANA Private Cloud. The project goal was to create an interim solution connected to a legacy Oracle ERP to digitalize and automate the transportation process, right from order creation until freight payment to the carriers. Not only did we accomplish this goal, but also adhered to standard where possible to allow an easy transition to the future embedded environment with minimal rework.
Stemilt Growers is a customer-focused fruit grower, distributor, and marketer that exists to cultivate people and delight consumers through excellence. Stemilt Growers is privately held for over 100 years and over 6 generations.
- Carry out sales order-based planning and delivery-based execution
- Planning and optimization of road transportation
- Select carrier based on allocations and tendering (P2P and direct)
- Event reporting via SAP EM
- Implement master data updates from Oracle EBS to SAP S/4HANA TM through CPI using a cadence of data pulls for the delta
- Develop scalable processes to enable future growth through a minimum viable product approach for first phase
SAP Transportation Management (SAP TM) was a great first step in our SAP RISE Private Cloud journey. With Westernacher’s support we were able to digitalize and automate a manual, error-prone process in only 4 months. Their approach and methodology allowed us to transform our business processes and grow our SAP IT knowledge to support the growth in our business.
Cristian Wulf Chief Financial Officer & Chief Information Officer – Stemilt Growers LLC
- Shift from paper process for carrier ranking and tendering to automated emails and Westernacher Carrier Portal (WeLink)
- Invoice submission via WeLink
- Automated Invoice verification, dispute management and invoice posting to AP in Oracle EBS
- Integration with a legacy Oracle ERP
- Controlled volume allocated to carriers through transportation allocations
- Used standard interfaces with CPI to create and maintain master data and communicate between Oracle and SAP
- From design to go-live in less than 4 months
Share this story